Science tries to work out Whisky

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

Science tries to work out Whisky

Scientists in Glasgow are aiming to discover what gives malt whiskies their distinctive flavour.
      news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/sc…sgow_and_west/8117498.stm

I'm not sure this is a good thing:

The team hopes its findings will allow distillers to more easily control and maintain product quality.
      It seems they are just doing it so that large whisky producers can create a "standard" taste throughout their range, which in my view will just lead to even lower availabilty of the often more interesting independent or "special" bottlings.
      It's because I'm English
      Dear Neil,

I´m sure the idea of finding out "the magic" of maltwhisky isn´t new and I hope they won´t detect the major secrets of it, for I don´t want to my malts matured for 24 hours in a steel tank with woodchips, speeded up by electricity and further treated with X- and/or Gamma-Rays or loads of chemicals.

If they know how to fakes or "recreate" whisky in laboratories, someone will do so because of the profits.
      Slainte Mhath

dein / euer Peat-Chaser

"Wer gegen den Strom schwimmt nähert sich der Quelle,
      wer mit dem Strom schwimmt - der Qualle!"

[blink]www.munich-spirits.de [/blink]