Renegade Rum von Jim McEwan

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

Hallo WW8,

dass Jim McEwan etwas mit Springbank - Cadenheads beruflich zu tun hatte (also als Angestellter) ist mir neu.
      Ich kenne nur die Vita von der Bruichladdich-Seite. Wann und wie war er denn mit den "Mitchells" verbandelt?

Gruß, Stefan

"I started work for Bowmore Distillery on 1st August 1963 as an apprentice Cooper. During that period I gained experience in virtually every aspect of distillation from warehousing, mashing and malting. In 1971 at the age of 22, I became the cellar master, a position I held until February 1976 when I was asked to move to the Roseburn Bonding Co in Glasgow’s Bridgeton as a trainee Blender.

There I was taught the valuable art of blending and I subsequently became the manager of The Tannochside Bonding Co in January 1978, a large blending facility owned by Bowmore. In February 1986 I returned to Bowmore Distillery, this time as the manager, where I stayed for the next 12 years. It was during this time in Bowmore that I started travelling to various whisky events around the world, initially a few times per year but building up to acting as Ambassador and travelling globally about 30 plus weeks per year.

In 1995 I was invited by the International Wine and Spirit Challenge to join their team as a spirit judge which I was proud to accept and indeed it is a position I still hold and in 1995 the same position was offered this time by the International Spirit Challenge. Also in 1995 I was awarded the prestigious title “Distiller of the Year” by the IWSC and again in 2000. In 1998 I was delighted to accept the award “Industry Leader of the Year” USA, the very first time the award was presented.

"In the spring of 2000 I was approached by Gordon Wright who, together with Mark Reynier and Simon Coughlin, were at that time hoping to buy Bruichladdich Distillery. The decision to leave Bowmore was fairly easy as I really wanted to get back into the distillation side again and I had become jaded by the constant travel and lack of family life plus the bonus of course was returning home to Islay.
      M*A*S*H