Alistair Walker Whisky Company

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

Alistair Walker Whisky Company

Heute kam die Pressemitteilung von Alistair. Alle Whiskys der ersten Serie werden auf dem Whiskyherbst vorgestellt. Wein & Whisky Berlin wird sie vorab bekommen.
      Alles Gute Alistair, Du machst das schon...

INBOUND: NEW INDEPENDENT WHISKY BOTTLER LAUNCHES ‘INFREQUENT FLYERS’
      New independent whisky bottler The Alistair Walker Whisky Company, based in Scotland, has just released its first range of single cask bottlings, under the‘Infrequent Flyers’ brand.

The company was established in 2018 by Alistair Walker. Alistair started his career in whisky at Burn Stewart Distillers in 1997, then more recently spent 12 years at The BenRiach Distillery Company, and has worked in the Scotch Whisky industry for almost 20 years.

“After leaving BenRiach in 2016, following the sale of the business, I had to decide what to do next. I wanted to remain in the whisky industry; it’s a great industry, very sociable and fun (mostly!) to be part of – and I’ve been in Scotch for my entire working life. I was also keen to set up on my own, as I had always fancied a go at running my own business. Independent bottling seemed like the ideal solution.” – Alistair Walker

The focus of the business will be on single cask bottlings, certainly at the beginning.
      “Initially I am concentrating on single casks from distilleries in Scotland. I might branch out into other areas in the future, such as whiskies from beyond these shores, but for now it’s all about single cask Scotch whiskies. The name ‘Infrequent Flyers’ is a little unorthodox, but it refers to the nature of many of the casks that we bottle – often whiskies from lesser-known distilleries that are of excellent quality, but have never been widely or consistently available.As such, many of our bottlings are of whiskies that you just don’t see so often – hence the name.” – Alistair Walker

The company has already started working on the 2nd batch of casks to be bottled, scheduled to be released in October, but the planning is far more long-term than that. “I’m laying down stocks to ensure availability of casks to bottle foryears to come, and I’m also doing a lot of re-racks at the moment, transferring some of the whiskies into very interesting styles of wood. That’s a big commitment, financially, but it’s well worth it. My top priority in terms of investment is in the quality of the product, and good wood management is essential.” – Alistair Walker

The inaugural release consists of 9 single cask bottlings, and encompasses an array of styles, vintages and regions. Ages range from 11years old up to 26 years old, there are malts from Highland, Speyside, Lowland, Orkney and Islay, and there are classic, peated and triple-distilled whiskies. There is even a single grain whisky included for good measure. Full details of the 1st batch are as follows:
      Distilled at Glen Keith - 1993 cask no. 8511 / 26 years old
      Distilled at Auchentoshan - 1993 cask no. 243 / 26 years old
      Distilled at Cameronbridge - 1995 cask no. 8047657 / 24 years old
      Distilled at Undisclosed Orkney - 2003 cask no. A521 # 9 / 16 years old
      Distilled at Loch Lomond (peated – Croftengea) – 2005 cask no. 102 / 14 years old
      Distilled at Benrinnes – 2006 cask no. 300009 / 13 years old
      Distilled at Undisclosed Islay – 2006 cask no. 306126 / 12 years old
      Distilled at Royal Brackla – 2006 cask no. 311985 / 12 years old
      Distilled at Fettercairn – 2007 cask no. 801506 / 11 years old
      Bilder
      • Alistair Walker 1.jpg

522,02 kB, 1.676×1.751, 40 mal angesehen
      • AWW # 8.jpg

645,29 kB, 1.521×2.139, 39 mal angesehen

25.Whiskyherbst® am 13+14 September 2024 in der Malzfabrik in Berlin Tempelhof

Trotz alledem...seit über 30 Jahren Sozi und das mit Stolz...

whiskykanzler schrieb:

“I’m laying down stocks to ensure availability of casks to bottle foryears to come, and I’m also doing a lot of re-racks at the moment, transferring some of the whiskies into very interesting styles of wood. ... ” – Alistair Walker
      Das kommt einem irgendwie bekannt vor :D

whiskykanzler schrieb:

The name ‘Infrequent Flyers’ is a little unorthodox, but it refers to the nature of many of the casks that we bottle – often whiskies from lesser-known distilleries that are of excellent quality, but have never been widely or consistently available.As such, many of our bottlings are of whiskies that you just don’t see so often – hence the name.” – Alistair Walker
      Wenn man sich die Namen der Brennereien bei den Abfüllungen anschaut sind das eher dieselben die aktuell bei vielen anderen UA's zu finden sind (also die wo der Fassmarkt aktuell hergibt). Aber ohne Marketing und aleine mit einem grossen Namen bei Glendronach-Junkies ist es sicher schwierig das Geschäft erfolgreich zu gestalten.

Gibt es jemand der eine Flaschenteilung der Serie macht? :angel:
      Wenn das Ganze dann noch als Onlinetasting zu einer gemeinsamen Verkostung führt bin ich gerne dabei um die "Pfote" von Alistair als UA zu erkunden.
      Mitglied im Team Bergische Jongens - Organisator Whiskycup 2012

"Wer sich für zu wichtig hält für kleine Aufgaben, ist meistens zu klein für wichtige Aufgaben"
      Jacques Tati