Angepinnt SMWS Codes

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

Neuer Blend:

Battle Axe - Matured in a selection of ex-bourbon hogsheads from Islay (Batch 1)
      Whisky investor Flippy McBottle, said:
      "I managed to get one of the limited edition Bowmore's this year. That means by the time I get it into just-scotchwhiskyonline.auctioneer this month I should have made a pretty penny. When you consider I spent over nine hours in an overnight queue to get it then, after costs, that's like £7 an hour. I'm a genius. And it was totally worth having to urinate into a thermos flask surreptitiously beneath a car blanket." (Whiskysponge Feis Ile 08.06.2017)

Message to the moderators on this page - http://scotswhisky-community.de/forum/index.php/Thread/6644-SMWS-Codes/

Hello,

Hope you folks are safe and well under the current circumstances.

The SMWS distillery code 122 stands for both the peated whiskies from Loch Lomond (normally bottled under the Croftengea name) and also the very sweet and fruity but very rare whisky bottled under the Glen Douglas name.

So 122 in the list on this page should say Loch Lomond (Croftengea/Glen Douglas).

I would request the moderators to make the change on the page.

Thanks and with warm regards,

Suryakiran Bonta

rednose schrieb:

Wenn einer Zeit hat wäre es schön wenn ihr mal wegen der Geschichte mit den Cognacs nachforscht. Das kann so doch nicht stimmen. Danke.

Da gibt es zwei Sachen:

1. Die Cognacs wurde anfangs nicht nach dem üblichen SMWS Schema (x.y resp. Cx.y für Cognacs) sondern einfach fortlaufend ohne Destillierie Kennzeichnung (y resp. Cy für Cognacs) gekennzeichnet:

b8db00755da4027a4868bdb2f20b4cf0.jpg

2. C2 und C4 sowie C3 und C5 entstammen jeweils der selben Region (grande resp petite Champagne). Die Regionsbezeichnugen sind nicht die Destilleriebezeichnungen. Die Destillieren sind aber (noch) nicht bekannt. Ihr würdet ja auch nicht sagen, dass Destillierie 29 und Destillierie 33 gleich sind nur weil sie in derselben Region liegen.

Grande Champagne - Wikipedia
      auch neu:

"I managed to get one of the limited edition Bowmore's this year. That means by the time I get it into just-scotchwhiskyonline.auctioneer this month I should have made a pretty penny. When you consider I spent over nine hours in an overnight queue to get it then, after costs, that's like £7 an hour. I'm a genius. And it was totally worth having to urinate into a thermos flask surreptitiously beneath a car blanket." (Whiskysponge Feis Ile 08.06.2017)
      Und ein wenig Ordnung bei den Cognancs & Armagnacs geschaffen.

Gesucht werden noch Infos über Destille 142 & 143...

Grüße
      Oliver
      Ich finde die Bezeichnung der Batches bei den Blended Malts / Small Batches hier irreführend resp. falsch:

Big Swirl - Sherry casks (Batch 1)
      Exotic Cargo - 1st fill ex-sherry hogsheads (Batch 1 & 2)
      Old Fashioned - 1st-fill IPA, Bourbon & Sherry Casks (Batch 1)
      The Beach Comber - A blend of Campbeltown and Highland malts (Batch 1)
      The Last Drop - A vatting of 891 bottles from Society archives (Batch 1)
      The Peat Faerie - A peated blend of Speyside and Islay malts (Batch 1 & 2)
      Battle Axe - Matured in a selection of ex-bourbon hogsheads from Islay (Batch 1)
      Black Oak - Matured in Gascon black oak barrels (Small batch 9)

1. The Last Drop hat keine Batch-Bezeichnung: The Last Drop Vatted Malt SMWS - Bewertungen und Rezensionen - Whiskybase
      2. Die Batch Reihenfolge fängt nicht bei jedem neuen Namen neu an, sondern ist durchgehend:

Batch 01: Exotic Cargo 1
      Batch 02: Exotic Cargo 2
      Batch 03: Peat Faerie 1
      Batch 04: Peat Faerie 2
      Batch 05: Old Fashioned
      Batch 06: Beach Comber
      Batch 07: Big Swirl
      Batch 08: Battle Axe
      Batch 09: Black Oak

Die Batchbezeichnung ist jeweils dem Frontlabel auf der linken Seite unten zu entnehmen. Kann das geändert werden?
      Geändert!
      Danke für die Info!

Grüße
      Oliver

kundalini schrieb:

Und ein wenig Ordnung bei den Cognancs & Armagnacs geschaffen.

Gesucht werden noch Infos über Destille 142 & 143...

Grüße
      Oliver

Copperworks macht Sinn:

Zitat von Copperworks:

We had a great time at the distillery hosting the Scotch
      Malt Whiskey Society’s Seattle members to give them a preview of some of
      the whiskey the Society will be bottling this year
      . We’ve admired what @smwsamerica
      does from afar for many years and we’re honored and excited to be part
      of their future. Cheers to this new and exciting partnership! If you
      aren’t yet familiar with the SMWS and their wonderful.

Ich weiss, dass die SMWS Deutschland es weiss, aber noch nicht bekannt gibt. Da müsst ihr bei den Tastings mal nachfragen :)

Tauti schrieb:

Tippe mal auf Batch 10, aber nur eine Vermutung. Auf der linken unteren Seite würde es wieder stehen.

Grüße
      Oliver
      The Tarpit
      Blended Batch 11
      9y
      50,0%
      146 Cotswolds Distillery ???

Grüße
      Oliver